People seek counseling for all sorts of reasons;
feeling out of control, overwhelmed, short-tempered/irritable, burnt-out, having difficulty coping with life stressors, uncontrollable worry, undergoing a major life transition such as loss, divorce, change of employment, having difficulty getting motivated/feeling stuck.
Trauma or difficult past events
Grief and loss
Coping with medical illness/treatment of yourself or a loved one
Adjusting to life transitions (adolescence to adulthood, new parenthood, retirement)
Support for parents of LGBTQ+
sKILLS WE CAN Work on
- Identify unhelpful behavior and patterns of coping that are not productive
- Learn what your emotions are trying to tell you
- Recognizing thoughts and assumptions that bring forth unpleasant emotional states
- How to communicate in relationships--even when it is really difficult!
- How to cope better with overwhelming feelings of rage, anger, guilt, shame, regret
- Self Care: support and accountability as you learn how to best care for yourself
- Sleep Hygiene: best practices for getting a good nights rest
- Explore and face what you have been avoiding